Friday, August 10, 2007

Picking a New Pedi

So, we are officially switching pediatrician's. I left the release forms at the doctors office this morning and now I am searching through a sea of names at the new office. Here are my thoughts. Logan is a boy and I am having another boy (could be a girl with super swollen genitals). Well if I like the doctor I choose then we will keep him or her for the duration. That is the hope at least. So would it be unfair to pick a women for my two little boys to grow up and have to see. I am assuming at one point they are going to feel uncomfortable and wish they were seeing a male. I know I prefer to see women doctors.
Ok, so with that in mind, here is my next dilemma. I had two names of Drs. that I heard great things about at this new office. The only male is a name I have difficulty pronouncing (never mind spelling). I think that is my hesitation about asking for him. Whenever you have to check-in and fill out paper work for labs or something they ask you for your doctors name for insurance reasons. I think it would be a huge pain in the butt that I could never remember the spelling of it or say it correctly.
The last issue is this. If I get over the whole name thing being an issue; all of the doctors who have great reputations are all only taking new patients for well visits. For sick visits you see who ever.
I guess that will have to do. When I think about it, it might be better because then I get to meet the other doctors and find out if I like someone else better :)

No comments: